Specspan is a survey panel that wants you to share your consumer behavior information with third parties for research purposes. They work mostly with retailers and manufacturers who need consumer behavior data to improve on their brands, products, and company.
If you already share your consumer habits with other survey panels, Specspan may just be another platform you can join to boost your paid survey site’s portfolio.
The survey panel claims you can make up to $20 per survey. This bogus claim got my attention. So I decided to do my research about the platform.
Just before you add this survey panel to your survey panel portfolio, there are some things you need to know about the Specspan community.
I did my in-depth research about the company and would love to share my findings. Should you join the community? Is Specspan legit? How much can you truly earn? How do you make money with Specspan? This article will answer all your questions.
Learn more: Ultimate Guide To Online Surveys
Here is my quick Specspan review:
|How to earn||Online surveys|
|Eligibility||USA or Canadian resident, 18+|
|Minimum Threshold||2,500 rewards points ($25)|
|Withdrawal Methods||Amazon gift cards, Prepaid debit cards|
Specspan is a market research company based in Indianapolis, USA.
Specspan wants users to share their profile data, spending habits information, as well as information about the products and brands they use regularly.
The platform offers B2B online market research to provide fast and affordable survey solutions to survey professionals. The company helps clients design surveys, collect online data, and perform data analysis. This means the success of panelists (Surveystors) depends on the ability of the company to secure clients who want to perform market research using surveys.
Their business model is quite simple – collate panelist data on specific products or brands via online surveys and then share the data with clients.
What makes Specspan different and why should you join?
- Your opinion counts. You have the power to influence brands and products.
- They offer to pay slightly higher than what most survey sites do.
- Specspan only sends you surveys that fit your profile and demographics. The platform is suitable for those in the Construction and IT field.
- They’re a legit site you can join.
How Does Specspan Work?
Step 1: Join
First, you sign up. There are two eligibility requirements stated on the platform. You have to be 18 and above and a resident of the US or Canada.
Before signing up, be prepared to provide information about yourself. To signup with the survey panel, you need to provide information such as your income, job information, name, gender, email, address, and date of birth.
Specspan requires the information to segment your profile into demographics. This allows them to send you the right kind of survey. They also encourage you to keep your profile up to date. So you can always get the right kind of survey.
Step 2: Take Surveys
After initial signup, you will start receiving survey invitations by email. All surveys are usually tailored to your interests and profile. Make sure you complete the surveys accurately to ensure you get your points.
Specspan like many other survey panels runs a points-based rewards system. Whenever you take surveys on Specspan, you accumulate points. Completing your initial sign-up earns you 200 bonus points which is equivalent to $2.00.
According to Specspan, 100 points is equivalent to $1.
Step 3: Get Rewards
Specspan surveys offer between 500 points to 2000 points per survey. This means you can make earn up to $20 when you successfully complete a survey on Specspan. Specspan withdrawal threshold stands at $25. Once you make more than $25 points worth, you can cash out your earnings.
When you get a survey invitation in your mailbox, Specspan indicates how much you will earn after you successfully complete the survey.
Payment is in two ways:
- Amazon gift cards
- Prepaid debit or credit cards
Like I said earlier, payment can only be redeemed when you have at least 2,500 points.
When you’ve accumulated over 2,500 points, you will be able to request your earnings via a prepaid Mastercard or an Amazon gift card.
The platform has what it describes as “field time” for surveys.
Field time refers to the time it takes from when you complete a survey, to when you’d actually get it to reflect in your account. On Specspan, it takes anything between 5-10 days.
Heads up! Points have a life span of 12 months after which they expire.
Learn more: Best GPT Sites to Make Money Online
- You receive 200 points ($2.00) as bonus points when you sign up.
- Specspan pays well for surveys. Average surveys pay between $5 to $20 on the platform. When compared to others, they do pay better.
- You don’t have to worry about getting spam emails. The only emails you’d get are about surveys that you qualify for.
- User-friendly interface. You’d be able to see almost everything about your profile when you log in.
- Specspan is an ESOMAR member which means they ensure best practices when sharing your data with third parties.
- Redemption options via Amazon gift cards and prepaid debit or credit cards are good methods of payment.
- Specspan surveys are quite targeted to professionals.
- The points expire after 12 months. This can be quite frustrating if you don’t use the platform often.
- Some users complain they don’t get their rewards when they cash out.
- You can get disqualified several minutes into the surveys.
- There are limited surveys. There are members who claim they are yet to get surveys in the past few years.
- The platform is geared more towards construction and IT professionals.
- There are complaints about system glitches during surveys which leads to an inability to participate in surveys.
- No support from customer service to help rectify issues.
Learn more: Are Online Paid Surveys Real?
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I qualify for surveys?
You can qualify for surveys if you meet their eligibility requirements and register. By becoming a panelist on Specspan, you will get survey invitations when they become available. The information you provide is used to send you surveys. Make sure you update your information to get more surveys too.
2. When will I get surveys?
You get survey invitations as soon as there are surveys that match your profile.
3. I am yet to get any surveys. Why?
You will receive a survey only if your profile fits into the demographics for the surveys available by Specspan. If you have not been getting surveys in recent times, it means there are no surveys available or you don’t meet the demographic requirements for surveys currently available.
4. What are Specspan surveys about?
Specspan surveys are about the products or brands you use, your profession, or your hobbies.
5. Why can’t I join the Specspan community?
It could be pop-up blockers causing the problem. Start by disabling them. Also, add specspancommunity.com as a trusted site to your web browser.
6. Why can’t I log in since I joined?
When you first sign up, it takes about 48 hours for your account to be active so you’ll need to be patient. Additionally, make sure you entered the correct password.
7. How do I cancel my account or remove myself from Specspan?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the email should be “Remove from Panel”.
See also: How to Get Referrals For PTC Sites
Should you join Specspan?
In terms of benefits and drawbacks, Specspan is no different from other second-grade survey platforms on the internet. T
hey have common issues such as limited surveys, finding out you don’t qualify for a survey midway into the survey and unresponsive customer service. Also, the chance of you getting paid may be quite uncertain.
I’d say join if you meet this panel’s requirements. Especially if you have accounts with similar sites like Specspan and wouldn’t mind using the platform as a supplemental survey platform.
Registration is free and stress-free, they don’t send you spam emails and pay relatively better than other survey sites. The platform can be a good addition to the paid survey sites you use to boost your side income.
Check other survey reviews or join high-paying survey websites.